Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Why'd Everyone Else Show Up? : )

I'm just south of Charlotte, North Carolina in a place called Lake Wylie, South Carolina for the sixth event of the year on the Tarheel Tour. The last two days I have played practice rounds at the Palisades Country Club and River Hills Country Club, and I am feeling great! I actually did not play overly well today at River Hills, but I feel absolutely great about my game. I feel like I'm going to win this week!

These two courses suit me well. Both require a great deal of accuracy and thought off of the tee. Hazards, woods, and (most often) someone's back porch lurk to the side of the fairway on most holes at each course. Neither course is very long, however, and a lot of holes don't require or even allow me to use my driver. Anyone who plays smart, accurate tee shots will be rewarded with a lot of wedges and short irons into the undulating greens at both courses. The greens are severely sloped, but smart placement of iron and wedge shots will leave a lot of makable putts for birdies.

I'm playing well. I'm having fun. As long as I stay relaxed and enjoy myself tomorrow, I'm going to set myself up for a great week. Stay tuned for updates!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...