Friday, April 9, 2010

Disappointing Day 3

I didn't play very well in the third round. My good friend and former first-team All-American Mike Van Sickle caddied for me (after he had a frustrating start in his first Tarheel Tour event), but I just couldn't turn the helpful companionship into anything positive on the course. A few good shots here and there were the exception on a day when I felt for the most part uncomfortable and out of sync. Everything from my driving to my putting was just off, though I did hit a few nice pitch shots about which I feel really good. The end result was a disappointing 77 that moved me backwards a little bit in the field.

I tee off at 9:30 tomorrow morning for the final round, and could really use a nice move forward. I'm definitely excited to be playing in a final round, but I really believe that my game should have me in a position to be competing for wins. That is obviously not the case just yet, but I'm confident that good things are coming, and I think I am going to start a trend in that direction with a great round tomorrow.

The plan will be the same as it has been: commit to every shot, trust myself, and have fun! I failed to commit to a lot of shots today, and it definitely cost me. I'm going to execute my plan tomorrow, and I believe that good results will follow!!

I'll give you an update tomorrow about the final round and talk about some things that are coming up next, so come back here for more info!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...