Saturday, September 19, 2009

Success!! ...Sort of

An even par final round of 70 has me successfully through the first stage (or pre-qualifying stage) of Q-school. After a somewhat shaky two-over-par front side, I played fairly nicely on the back nine. Of course, it does help to hole out from 129 yards, which I did on the 436-yard par 4, 13th hole today with a pitching wedge. 

It was a perfect shot on 13. Slightly downhill with a touch of breeze off the right to a front left pin. I hit the pitching wedge just past and to the right of the hole and watched as it spun back to the edge of the cup before tottering in. 

I hit more good shots than bad today (and all week for that matter), but I still was mixing in too many wayward shots here and there. And I'm still waiting for my putter to come alive. I hit a lot of good putts today, but still was not able to get anything to fall. 

I'll be playing the Missouri Open next weekend in Columbia, Missouri, and I'm hoping that is where the putter will get hot. In any case, I have almost five weeks to get ready for the next stage of Q-school, and I will be READY!

Stay tuned for more updates between now and the Missouri Open, which is September 25 and 26.

1 comment:

  1. Congradulations. Tried to post last night but wouldn't allow. Good luck in Missouri.

    ReplyDelete

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...