Saturday, September 26, 2009

Missouri Open Final Round

Give me one more day! I shot the low round of the tournament today in the second and final round of the Missouri Open, but I simply had too much ground to make up to climb the entire leaderboard and defend my title. Five birdies and an eagle offset by a lone bogey gave me a final round 66, but it left me three shots out of a playoff for the championship. 

After a playing the first eight holes solidly to stand at two-under, I began to let some opportunities get away from me. I three putted the ninth hole from only thirty feet straight uphill, and then hit it inside 15 feet on every hole on the back nine. I made a 15-footer for eagle on number 10, then missed from 8-12 feet on five consecutive holes before missing a four-footer on number 16. Good wedge shots then led to closing birdies at 17 and 18, and a back nine somewhat disappointing back nine 31. 

It was good playing today, though. The course was tough, and I'm happy with most aspects of my game. I finished tied for 5th, and tied for 4th among the professionals. It was not what I wanted but a good finish. 

I'm going to keep the game in shape in Columbia this week. I'll head home next to play in the Monday qualifier for the Nationwide Tour event in Chattanooga! I'm going to be ready to go low!


1 comment:

  1. I know you are dissappointed not doing better on Friday but excellant round today. Looking forward to seeing you back east. What is the date of the Monday qualifier in Chattanooga? I am making plans to get there. See ya soon.
    Don

    ReplyDelete

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...