Sunday, September 13, 2009

Final Day at Nebraska Open

Well, it was an interesting day for my first "final round" as a professional. I left the hotel room in plenty of time to have a relaxed trip to the course and a nice warm-up, only to find my driver side rear tire resting on its rim. The spare was not a good option, so I jogged down to Wal-Mart for a can of fix-a-flat. The fix-a-flat did its job, and I got to the course with a nice half hour of warm-up time.

Played nicely on the front to turn at two under, and really hit some quality shots on the first few holes of the back nine, but wasn't getting the putts to fall. Then I started pressing and thinking that I had to make birdies. As can be expected, this strategy led to a few bogeys and disappointing score of even-par 71. 

Though I fell to a tie for 18th place, I feel like this was a positive start for me. I played some really good golf and I learned a lot. As with amateur golf, it is important to remember that playing well in the moment will take care of the later concerns such as score, finish position, and now, paycheck! I've got to be better about staying present and not letting my thoughts wonder to finish position while I'm playing. 

I'll get there though! I'm excited to play again. Next up, PGA Tour Q-school pre-qualifying. 72 holes at Yankee Hill Country Club in Lincoln, Nebraska, September 16-19. Stay tuned for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...