Monday, September 21, 2009

Practice

The last two days have been good back in Columbia! I relaxed a little bit Sunday morning, but practiced hard all afternoon and practiced almost all day Monday. 

I hammered out some wedge practice Monday morning. I did distance calculations for my 54 degree wedge. I hit shots back and forth across the short range and measured all my distances. Just FYI: a full 54 degree in neutral conditions goes 103 yards, and with a 10:00 o'clock swing (left arm position at the top of the backswing) the 54 degree goes exactly 85 yards. Good to know! Then I went out and played nine holes and tried some shorter distances and yardages in between and it worked really well!

The weather cut me off early today, but I feel pretty good about my day! I'm trying to tune up for the Missouri Open and I feel like I'm in good shape! The tournament is Friday and Saturday, and I'm really excited to get it started. 

I did get some bad news today, however. I thought I would be a likely candidate for a sponsor's exemption into the Nationwide Tour's Chattanooga Classic in early October, and I found out today that my request for one was not honored. I'm bummed to hear it, but I guess I'll just have to go Monday qualify. No big deal!

Life is good. I feel good. Can't wait to play again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...