Friday, September 18, 2009

After round 3...

It was another hard day at the pre-qualifying stage of PGA Tour Q-school today. I played okay, but hit a few wayward shots and again missed some medium range putts that I would like to make. 

The end result was a one-over par 71, and I'm still in good shape. I would really like to put it all together. I did have it all together for nine holes the first day, and have sort of struggled with some aspect of game each day since then. Again, I had a nice practice after the round today and I'm really confident that I'll play well tomorrow. 

I've really been focusing on my putting for the last three weeks. It seems like for the last year or so, I've gotten a lot better about giving myself a lot of birdie putts but haven't made any of those 10-25 foot putts that you expect to make from time to time. My putting stroke has been feeling better and better every day for the last three weeks, and I'm ready for the putts to start falling. Maybe tomorrow is the day! 

I'm currently tied for 20th. How far up the board can I climb tomorrow??

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...