Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mission Accomplished (Sort of) in Round 1

I enjoyed myself and smiled all day during the first round of this week's Egolf tournament--the River Run Classic. I was a little shaky in the early-going but stayed relaxed and was able to put together a two-bogey, three-birdie first round of 71. I knew that I didn't get a whole lot of birdie production out of my game today, but I felt like that was some fairly good playing given windy conditions, super fast greens, and a fairly demanding lay-out at River Run. Apparently a couple of guys in the field didn't find the course to be quite as challenging as I did because there was a 62 and a 64 in round 1. I'm not too worried about that, though. I played well and feel like my attitude and my game are both in good form. I'm excited to make more birdies in round 2 and post a good number. I don't tee off until 1:50 Thursday afternoon for my second round, but I'm going to be relaxed and confident, and I'm going to enjoy myself again. Come back late in the evening for an exciting round-2 report!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...