Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Good Attitude and 13 Great Holes

I felt great after a very productive week of practice last week and a good performance in my practice round on Monday, but I came out of the gates feeling a bit uncomfortable and hit some dreadful golf shots in the opening holes. Errant iron shots into the first two holes left me scrambling and I was lucky to get out of the the first two with a bogey and a par. It looked like I had righted the ship with near birdies at holes three and four and an 8-iron approach to less than three feet from the hole on the par-4 fifth. Facing a short, sliding, downhill birdie putt, I was determined to firm it into the center of the hole. I pulled it badly, though, and the ensuing lip-out left me with a ten footer for par, and I walked away from the fifth hole with a bogey after stuffing my approach shot. Events on the Carolinas Pro Tour are just 36 holes, and I knew I couldn't let my poor start spiral out of control or I would be out of the tournament. I was hitting solid shots, though, and I knew if I stayed positive and relaxed, that I could do good things. I played the final 13 holes with five birdies and no bogeys for a three-under-par round of 69. I never missed a fairway all day, and my iron play was rock solid after the first two holes. I putted nicely and really showed a lot of promise with my short game as well. It was a great effort all-around after the rocky start, and I am pumped to go build on that round and keep the good stuff going tomorrow.

The course was playing tough today, and my round actually has given me the overnight lead heading into the event's final round. There are plenty of people right around me on the leaderboard, though, so tomorrow will be a fun day. I will be relaxed tomorrow and will enjoy myself from start to finish. I'm going to stay in the present and commit to each shot. I'm going to have a blast! Come back for some good news in the evening! Thank you for following.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...