Sunday, March 25, 2012

Great Wedding!

Okay, this was kind of predictable. I had a stellar three days of practice on Monday-Wednesday and set up myself so that I had very little work to do over my buddy's wedding weekend in order to complete all of my practice goals. A nasty weather day on Friday and lots of fun groomsman responsibilities put a damper on my practice the second half of the week, however, and I never finished my final putting drill or the last 1+ hours of short game drills I was supposed to do over the weekend. I am disappointed not to have completed my practice goals, but I am not going to be too hard on myself this time around. I did have a great match with my former teammate, John Kelly, late Friday afternoon, and I did get up early each morning and was able to complete all of fitness goals for the week. Most importantly, I was there for one of my very best friends on his wedding day and the days leading up to it. We had a lot of fun and the marriage was a huge success. It was painful to miss an Egolf event at a place that I enjoy playing, but I definitely made the correct choice and have great memories to show for it.


I am definitely excited right now, too, because I think I might play tournament golf for many consecutive weeks now going forward. The Egolf tour has it's first 54-hole event of the year this week at a great course called River Run Country Club just north of Charlotte, NC, and then the Carolina's Pro Tour has a couple of consecutive weeks with events before the Egolf plays again.

I think a fun-filled weekend was just what the doctor ordered for me. My golf game is in great shape, and I'm sure that a recharged attitude will get me rolling into this approaching string of events. I will have a great day of practice in Tennessee tomorrow (Monday) and then will hit the road for Charlotte either Monday evening or early Tuesday for this week's Egolf event. I love what I do, and I'm ready to start enjoying it even more during tournament weeks. Good things are coming. Keep it here for all the news!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...