Monday, January 9, 2012

Ready to Work for a Great 2012

It has been nearly a month since my last post, but that time period has been packed with more of the same kind of stuff that I was reporting during November and December. I have continued to work hard at incorporating a few small changes into my golf swing and putting stroke and am progressing very nicely. My ball-striking becomes more and more consistent everyday it seems, and I feel great about the work that I have been doing on my putting and short game. My game has held up well in a few matches that I have had with some buddies, as well, so I feel like the changes are really becoming ingrained nicely. In addition to my golf game, I have stayed on track with my fitness routine and have made noticeable improvements to my flexibility and endurance. I’m sure I am getting a little bit stronger as well, but that is less noticeable (despite my huge muscles!). I really do feel good about all aspects of pre-season plan, and feel like I have laid a good groundwork for the upcoming year.

I have had a great winter of preparation for my 2012 season, but now it is time to really get to work. Though I have been practicing daily and working hard at my game, I have not challenged myself with any practice goals until now. It is time to get back into a tournament-specific practice mindset and add some elements of pressure to my practice. I have spent the better part of the last month coming up with some realistic yet demanding goals for myself during the 2012 season, and I am publishing them and putting them into effect today. See the tab above titled “2012 Goals” for a look at some of the things that I am setting out to accomplish this year.

I absolutely love what I do for a living. Even the hard work doesn’t seem hard to me, but the goals that I have set this year are going to push me. Last year I did a very poor job holding myself accountable for my process goals throughout the busy time of the year. Looking back, I can see that this was due to a lack of efficiency. I would spend all day at the golf course, but sometimes would not be focused on doing the specific things that I needed to do to get better. This year I will learn from that experience and be better. My process goals will definitely challenge me each and every week, but with proper focus and some determination, I will achieve them. In doing so, I will set myself up to achieve my outcome goals.

2012 is going to be a great year for me. I am the most relaxed and yet the most excited that I have ever been heading into a year of golf. My first event is scheduled for February 15-18 when the Egolf Professional Tour heads to Hilton Head Island. I will be on here regularly between now and then keeping you posted on my progress. I will also be using my blog as my accountability tool for my process goals. Look for weekly updates, and make sure that I am taking care of business.

Thank you so much for continuing to follow and support me. This is going to be an exciting year, and I hope that you will enjoy it with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...