Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Feeling Good; Enjoying the Challenges

Though I have been working hard all winter, I am really feeling a new sense of focus and purpose this week. I have set the standards pretty high with my process goals, and I am definitely having to do some good work to pursue them. It has been a tough but very productive week so far, and I'm really enjoying it.

I had a couple of matches with my buddies in Knoxville on Monday and Tuesday. I was very happy with the way I played on Monday but a couple of loose swings and some penalty shots cost me the match. I cleaned it up a lot on Tuesday and played a very solid 5-birdie, 1-bogey round to get revenge from my monday loss. On both days I showed a lot of promise and really felt like my game was very close to being good.

I put in a great 1-hour short game session before the match on Tuesday and am feeling good about that. I have also been working very hard on my putting drills, though they have been quite a struggle. I just had a great session on Wednesday night working on my alignment and putting stroke (see picture). I am very confident in my putting stroke, and I know that getting myself back into a consistent practice routine will get me on track in no time.

I am right on schedule with my fitness routine and feeling great about it.

I've got some work to do to finish my short game and putting goals for the week, and though I may have to battle some weather, I'm gonna get 'em done! Hopefully I'll the able to squeeze in another match or two as well. Keep it here for more news!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...