Sunday, January 15, 2012

Summary of a Great Week

I need to start by saying that I am disappointed because I completed only four of my five putting drills this week. I am determined to hold myself accountable and finish all of my weekly process goals this year, so I'm bummed that I came up one putting drill short this week, but I can honestly say that I am very happy with my practice. I completed all of my short game and wedge play work, and did a lot of great work on my putting. I had some friendly matches on Monday and Tuesday but practiced by myself for the rest of the week. I took a loss on Monday, but rebounded with a nice round and a win on Tuesday. My game is feeling very good, so I'm hoping to get in a little competition in the upcoming week. In addition, I had a solid week of fitness work and feel very good about my runs and workouts. This was definitely my best week of practice since my 2011 competitive season ended last October, and I am really excited about the status of my game.

My weekly goals force me to have very focused practice, and they also apply some pressure while I'm working on my game, which helps to prepare me for tournament play. I struggled with my putting drills all week, but felt myself getting better and better with each day of practice. I completed my six-footer drill on Saturday, and the last few putts truly had a tournament-like feel to them. I feel like I was rolling the ball very well by the end of the week, but I just couldn't quite get enough putts to fall to finish my final drill despite a lot of trying on Sunday.

I feel great. I would feel significantly more satisfied if I had been able to complete all of my process goals, but I know that I put in the work this week to set a strong foundation moving forward with my year. I will continue to emphasize all of the things listed in my process goals (see "2012 Goals" in the tabs above), and I will achieve them. Exactly one month from today, I will tee it up in the first Egolf Professional Tour event of the year. I am very excited! I know that commitment to my process goals will prepare me to achieve the outcomes I want this year. It's going to be a fun ride. Keep it here for updates along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...