Saturday, January 14, 2012

Snow Day

A quick blast of winter hit East Tennessee on Thursday evening and left cold temperatures and half an inch of snow here for Friday. The white stuff forced me to stay inside for a day, but I was really pleased with the work that I was able to do. I had a great full-body plyometric workout ("plyo Friday") and spent a solid two and half hours in the basement working on my golf swing, my putting stroke, and most importantly, my chipping. I was able to get in a very useful 45 minutes of practice chipping balls into ice cream buckets and onto couch cushions and put only a couple of decorative dimple patterns in the dry-wall. I'm kidding about that last part, but in all seriousness, I had a very productive day for a snow day.

Most of the snow is still lingering now on Saturday morning, but with bright sun rising and temperatures predicted to get near 40 degrees, I'm hopeful that facilities will clear up somewhere and allow for a good afternoon of practice. I need to bust out some putting drills and get in a couple more hours of practice with my wedges. It has been a solid week thus far, and with some cooperation from the weather, I will have a good end-of-week report for you on Sunday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...