Friday, August 5, 2011

Time to Do It!

I shot a seven-under-par round of 65 today in the third round of this week's Egolf event. It was the low round of the day and propelled me from a tie for 10th into 2nd place. The round was a combination of some skillful misses off the tee, some decent approach shots, a shortgame that is improving greatly, and a putter that was very good at times. I really don't feel like I played my best golf today, but I did enough things right and was good enough with my poor shots to post a great round. I am thrilled to be in position to chase a win tomorrow, and I honestly believe that I have even better golf in me.

Tomorrow will be a lot of fun. Though I have been playing very solid golf of late, tomorrow is the first time that I will be in the final pairing of an Egolf tournament. I currently sit alone in 2nd place, just one shot behind the leader. I'm sure that I will have some nerves tomorrow, but I feel very confident in my game right now. I have not had my "A" stuff this week but have been able to piece together some good rounds anyway. If I can get something to "click," tomorrow could be a special day. If I continue to struggle a little bit, I will draw on the experience I gained from today's struggles to help me persevere and post another good round anyway. I truly think I'm ready to play well.

Sticking to my routine will be the most important part of my plan for tomorrow. I know that I will probably face some sort of adversity during the final round, but I also know that if I form a solid game plan for every shot and then commit to it and execute fearlessly, I can play a great round. I will do that on every shot tomorrow! It's going to be a great day. Come back to hear all about it tomorrow evening. Thank you for following me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...