Thursday, August 4, 2011

Round 2 Report

Once again I find myself in good position at the half-way point of on Egolf event. This week's tournament is hosted by the Patriot Golf Club at Grand Harbor, and I played the secondary course, the Club at Star Fort, today. After a shaky first 8 holes gave way to a solid finish and a three-under-par round of 69 in the first round, I went out and created a near carbon copy in Round 2. Sloppy driving of the ball and some lazy shots had me scrambling to get through the first ten holes at even par before I pulled myself together and finished strongly to shoot another three-under-par round--this time a 68 on Star Fort's par-71 layout. My six-under-par total has me in a tie for 10th place, but I am only five shots behind the tournament leader with two rounds to go.

My game has been a little bit off the first two rounds, but I have done a great job of staying positive and holding it together. My putting feels good even though I have missed a few short-ish putts, and I am confident that with a stronger level of committment, my ball-striking will get back into sharp form. I had a good practice session this afternoon and really feel ready to have a strong weekend performance.

I tee it up at 7:50 tomorrow in the third round and am looking forward to a great day. Come back to hear all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...