Thursday, August 4, 2011

Round 2 Report

Once again I find myself in good position at the half-way point of on Egolf event. This week's tournament is hosted by the Patriot Golf Club at Grand Harbor, and I played the secondary course, the Club at Star Fort, today. After a shaky first 8 holes gave way to a solid finish and a three-under-par round of 69 in the first round, I went out and created a near carbon copy in Round 2. Sloppy driving of the ball and some lazy shots had me scrambling to get through the first ten holes at even par before I pulled myself together and finished strongly to shoot another three-under-par round--this time a 68 on Star Fort's par-71 layout. My six-under-par total has me in a tie for 10th place, but I am only five shots behind the tournament leader with two rounds to go.

My game has been a little bit off the first two rounds, but I have done a great job of staying positive and holding it together. My putting feels good even though I have missed a few short-ish putts, and I am confident that with a stronger level of committment, my ball-striking will get back into sharp form. I had a good practice session this afternoon and really feel ready to have a strong weekend performance.

I tee it up at 7:50 tomorrow in the third round and am looking forward to a great day. Come back to hear all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...