Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Not Good in Round 1 at Rock Barn

Scoring conditions were great at Rock Barn today in the first round of this week's Egolf tournament. Unfortunately, I did not take advantage. A balky putter and some mental errors really cost me today and led to a one-over-par round of 73. I hit the ball pretty well off of the tee and was happy a lot of the iron shots that I hit, but in the end, I didn't make the putts that I needed to make and threw away a couple shots with some poor decisions. I don't know why I wasn't sharp today, but I think I got a bit of a wake-up call, and will be much sharper mentally moving forward.

My round today has me in a bit of trouble as scores were quite low today. I am moving tomorrow to the easier of the two courses being used for this week's event, however, and I know that an intelligent and well-executed round tomorrow can get me back into the tournament. I need to be patient and positive tomorrow and also must execute well and putt more like my normal self, but I think I can do all of those things. I'm excited for the opportunity to play a great round tomorrow when I need it. I tee off at 9:30 on the Tom Jackson course at Rock Barn, and look forward to a very good round. Come back tomorrow to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...