Thursday, August 11, 2011

Almost Great in Round 2

I played the easier of the two courses at Rock Barn today in the second round of this week's Egolf event, and for the first two-thirds of my round, I was able to take advantage of the many birdie opportunities offered by the Tom Jackson course at Rock Barn. I birdied my first four holes and got it to eight under par through 12 holes today, but a sloppy finish tainted what could have been a special round. In the end I posted a seven-under-par round of 64 to get it to six under for the tournament. My round was just good enough to sneak under the cutline, so I will get two more days to play the tougher Rees Jones course at Rock Barn and attempt to move up the crowded leaderboard. I feel like my game is in good shape, and I'm excited for the opportunity to make a move in these final two rounds.

I tee off tomorrow at 9:10. I am going to be intelligently aggressive and commit to every shot. It should be another great day, so come back to hear a good report tomorrow evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...