Friday, February 18, 2011

Still Playing Well Despite Disappointing Round 3 Score

I posted a 74 in the third round, but that score is not really indicative of the way I feel about my game. The score is what I deserved because of a freakishly bad day with the putter, but I still think that my game is in great form. I drove the ball beautifully all day in round three and hit a lot of quality iron and wedge shots, too, but I missed six putts from inside of five feet--including two putts that were less than three feet. While my putting was very disappointing today, I know that my putting stroke is good, and I putted very well in the first two rounds, so I do not have long-term concerns about my putting. All-in-all, I still feel like I'm playing very well and am excited about the opportunity to go out tomorrow and put it all together in the final round.

Swirling winds made scoring difficult today, and only a handful of players shot under par. I began the day tied for 8th and am currently in a large tie for 12th. The leader is -11, and I stand at -3. I definitely have the chance for a great finish in this tournament with a solid round tomorrow, and I plan to go out there and simply commit to a solid game plan on every shot. I know that I have the ability to execute well, and I hope that I do so tomorrow. I will be having fun, and I have a feeling that it's going to be an exciting day!

Come back here tomorrow for a final report from my first tournament of the year. I'm off and running, and 2011 is going to be a great year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...