Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Lot of Positives

At the end of the day in the final round today, my scorecard read 74 just as it did in the third round. That is definitely not a score with which I am happy, but I really feel like I did a lot of things well and had a good tournament overall. I felt great this morning and just knew that I was going to play well. My round looked promising early as I made great birdies on the first and third holes to walk to the fourth tee at -2 for the day. Unfortunately, the next seven holes would see me make two double-bogeys and a triple-bogey. I swapped a birdie with a bogey at 11 and 12 and stood at +5 with six holes remaining. I stayed positive and managed three consecutive birdies on holes 14-16 before narrowly missing birdie putts on each of the last two holes. I made just a few really bad swings today, and they cost be a lot of shots, but I was very good the majority of the time.

I will share much more about my feelings from this tournament as a whole in another post tomorrow, but I will just say quickly for now that I am very happy with a lot of what happened this week. I hit plenty of very good shots, and feel confident that I will be able to eliminate some of the costly bad ones as the year moves forward.

My weekend performance dropped me down the leaderboard slightly, but I finished the tournament in a tie for 14th place. I'm not satisfied with that finish, but I do feel like it is a good starting point for what I expect will be a great year. Come back here tomorrow for more analysis of the first tournament and an exciting look ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...