Thursday, February 17, 2011

Steadier in Round 2

I certainly did not have the excitement of my first round today in round 2, but I also never really had any major concerns, either. I had a lot of make-able looks at birdie, and only had to work hard for par a couple of times on my way to a 3-birdie, 1-bogey round of 70 on the Hills Course.

I only birdied one of the four par fives today, but I played those holes well and had a very good putt for birdie on each of them though I only got one of the putts to fall. That was a little bit disappointing, but I'm really pleased with the way I have played the par fives so far this week.

One cool story from today is the way in which I made my bogey. It was an awful shot. I was trying to fade a four iron into a right hole location on the par-3 17th (my 8th) hole, and I double crossed it way long and left of the green. The ball nestled into the crotch of a pine tree, leaving me with no room at all to make a swing. I nudged the ball out of the tree into a green-side bunker with my second shot and faced a long bunker shot for my third. Like yesterday, I stayed surprisingly calm through the process and committed to my routine from the bunker and got the ball up-and-down for a great bogey.

I'm at -5 for the event through two rounds. I'm not sure what the lead will be at the end of today, but I know that I will be somewhere around the top 15 players and will be within striking distance heading into the final two rounds. It's going to be a fun weekend. Keep it here for the news!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...