Saturday, February 26, 2011

Concerns About Morocco

I must admit that I do not do an adequate job staying current with what is going on in the world, but I certainly have noticed that there is a lot of political unrest and violence taking place in Northern Africa right now. I am set to fly to Morocco this coming Wednesday for a two week stay that will include two Egolf Tour events in the Moroccan cities of Marrakesh and El Jadida. The trip is sure to be both a great time and a fantastic learning experience for the global travel that occasionally exists at golf's highest levels. With that said, however, I want to ensure everyone that I will not even consider sacrificing my safety for any amount of fun or great experience. I have been monitoring the United States Department of State's reports and have found no warnings about Morocco. Seeking further comfort, I spoke with the Chief Operations Officer of the Egolf Tour this morning and asked about the information they have sought in order to deem our two week trip to Morocco safe. He relayed to me that the Egolf Tour has been in daily contact with the U.S. Embassy in Morocco and with a United States Army General based there since violence first erupted weeks ago in Egypt. The Tour has been continually assured by both parties that we will have no disruptions during our stay in Morocco. Watching the news certainly can cause some apprehension right now, but I am doing my research and really trust that the administrators of the Egolf Tour will not go through with the trip if any danger exists. As of right now, I feel that I can safely travel to Morocco and compete in the two Egolf events there. I will continue to monitor the situation in the coming days and will re-evaluate my decision before leaving on Wednesday.

All travel concerns aside, I am very excited to compete again. I have had a difficult but good week of practice. I haven't always looked as sharp as I would like, but I have fought through some frustrating stretches of practice and feel like my game is continuing to round into very solid form. Check back here soon for more of golf-centered update about my week of practice and my feelings moving forward. Plus, how have I done on my process goals so far this week? Come back to find the answer! (Suspenseful, huh?)

Thank you for following me, supporting me, and encouraging me! I appreciate the concern that some of you have expressed about my trip to Morocco. Please let me know if you have any further thoughts or fears about the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...