Thursday, May 27, 2010

Still on the Brink

Not this week, my friends! Every part of my game felt ready heading into this week, and every part except one looked good in the tournament. Unfortunately, I drove the ball too poorly on too many occasions to recover. In today's second round, I sprayed the driver all over the course, and despite solid iron play, wedge play, and putting, I could only muster an even-par round of 71. That left me with a two-over-par total of 143 for the tournament and a missed cut by five shots.

That result is another disappointment, but I sure am feeling better than I was earlier in the year. I know that I am truly close to playing well, and I cannot wait to do so. I am going to take advantage of the next couple days to get in some good practice and tidy up my driver while further sharpening the rest of my game.

The Tarheel Tour is in action again next week at a place called Rock Barn Golf Course, which is in Conover, North Carolina (near Hickory, about an hour north of Charlotte). I'm going to remain upbeat, and I'll head into next week's event again feeling like I'm going to be in contention at the end. I'm really going to make it happen. Keep the faith, fans--good things are coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...