Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Good Start

For the first time all year, I feel like I'm off to a very good start in a Tarheel Tour event. I played a solid first round today and posted a five-under-par 67 to get my week started. I played at Cowan's Ford today, and that course gave up some really low numbers (the leader shot 61), but I feel like my bogey-free round was just the start I needed to get me rolling to my first good tournament of the year!

I was a little shaky off the tee today, but my misses were small enough for me to recover each time. The few times I got in real trouble, my short game bailed me out. I putted the ball well today! It was great. I rolled in some good putts in that 6-10 foot range and in doing so remembered how much easier it is to shoot a good score when that happens. I really feel like my putting is ready to break out and become stellar again!

Tomorrow I play at Northstone Country Club. It, too, offers a lot of scoring opportunities. I believe I'm going to drive the ball much better tomorrow, and I know that the putter is going to continue to heat up. I'm going to shoot a really good score tomorrow. I can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...