Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Good Start

For the first time all year, I feel like I'm off to a very good start in a Tarheel Tour event. I played a solid first round today and posted a five-under-par 67 to get my week started. I played at Cowan's Ford today, and that course gave up some really low numbers (the leader shot 61), but I feel like my bogey-free round was just the start I needed to get me rolling to my first good tournament of the year!

I was a little shaky off the tee today, but my misses were small enough for me to recover each time. The few times I got in real trouble, my short game bailed me out. I putted the ball well today! It was great. I rolled in some good putts in that 6-10 foot range and in doing so remembered how much easier it is to shoot a good score when that happens. I really feel like my putting is ready to break out and become stellar again!

Tomorrow I play at Northstone Country Club. It, too, offers a lot of scoring opportunities. I believe I'm going to drive the ball much better tomorrow, and I know that the putter is going to continue to heat up. I'm going to shoot a really good score tomorrow. I can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...