Saturday, May 4, 2013

No Move on This "Moving Day"

I just didn't hit the ball very well during Saturday's third round of this week's NGA Tour event. I felt pretty good heading into the round and am very encouraged by some short game shots and putts that I hit, but I was never in good position to get anything going. A mishit drive and a very poorly judged chip shot led to a double bogey on the long par-4 sixth hole. Birdies on the par-5 ninth and eleventh holes got me back to even par, but I never even sniffed another birdie in the closing seven holes. I dropped two shots over that closing stretch to post a third-round score of 74 (+2). Cold, wind, and rain made the course play difficult on Saturday, so my score didn't really drop me down the leaderboard, but it certainly didn't help me climb. Good putting and a few really nice short game shots kept me in it. I am in a little bit of a ball-striking funk right now, but I feel as confident as ever with my ability to score. I know that something will click with my full swing very soon, and I believe I am close to playing my best golf ever. Right now I'm hoping for good enough weather to play the final round of the Savannah Lakes Village Classic. Sunday's forecast doesn't look pretty, but I'm ready to play a gritty round and make a Sunday charge. Come back for a report in the evening. Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...