Friday, May 3, 2013

On to the Weekend at Savannah Lakes

I didn't feel great about my game for some reason heading into Friday's second round of the NGA Tour's Savannah Lakes Village Classic. Firm greens and some gusty winds ensured that the course would play difficult, and I wasn't feeling great about the way I was striking my irons. I was determined to stay in the present and TRUST each and every shot, and that plan seemed to work. I still hit a few poor iron and wedge shots, but for the most part, I played very solidly in some challenging weather. I posted three birdies and two bogies for a second-round 71 (-1) to move to even par for the event. After the cut, I am in the top side of the middle of the pack and am poised to make a run over the weekend. The weather promises to be challenging, but that should help me climb the leaderboard. Keep it here for good reports from the weekend action. Thank you for following me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...