Thursday, May 2, 2013

Inconsistent in Round 1

I got off to the start for which I was hoping early in the first round of the NGA Tour's Savannah Lakes Village Classic. Through five holes I had hit every fairway and had make-able birdie putts on each hole. I converted two of them, and stood at two under par through five holes. My great feelings continued when I nailed a ten footer to save par on the long par-4 sixth hole. I'm not sure what happened to thwart my momentum, but over the next six holes, I struggled quite a bit. I continued to drive the ball beautifully, but my iron play was poor, and I made two big short game mistakes between holes 7 and 12. On the watery par-5 11th, I played a great tee shot and an aggressive second shot up near the green. I had a brain cramp on my pitch shot, though, and bounced my 50-yard shot over green. Short-sided, I failed to get up-and-down for my par and made a horrible bogey after being in perfect position in two shots. I misjudged an easy chip and made bogey on the par-3 12th as well. I arrived at the 13th hole one over par for my round, and despite a lot of solid shots coming home, that is where I finished. I closed with six consecutive pars for an opening-round 73 (+1). Firm greens and some sporadic winds made the course play difficult, but I feel like I was a little sloppy in the middle part of my round. I can and likely will do much better in round 2. I tee it up at 12:57 on Friday. I'm going to See it, Feel it, and TRUST it all the way to the clubhouse. Keep it here for a great report Friday evening. Thank you for keeping up with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...