Thursday, May 2, 2013

Inconsistent in Round 1

I got off to the start for which I was hoping early in the first round of the NGA Tour's Savannah Lakes Village Classic. Through five holes I had hit every fairway and had make-able birdie putts on each hole. I converted two of them, and stood at two under par through five holes. My great feelings continued when I nailed a ten footer to save par on the long par-4 sixth hole. I'm not sure what happened to thwart my momentum, but over the next six holes, I struggled quite a bit. I continued to drive the ball beautifully, but my iron play was poor, and I made two big short game mistakes between holes 7 and 12. On the watery par-5 11th, I played a great tee shot and an aggressive second shot up near the green. I had a brain cramp on my pitch shot, though, and bounced my 50-yard shot over green. Short-sided, I failed to get up-and-down for my par and made a horrible bogey after being in perfect position in two shots. I misjudged an easy chip and made bogey on the par-3 12th as well. I arrived at the 13th hole one over par for my round, and despite a lot of solid shots coming home, that is where I finished. I closed with six consecutive pars for an opening-round 73 (+1). Firm greens and some sporadic winds made the course play difficult, but I feel like I was a little sloppy in the middle part of my round. I can and likely will do much better in round 2. I tee it up at 12:57 on Friday. I'm going to See it, Feel it, and TRUST it all the way to the clubhouse. Keep it here for a great report Friday evening. Thank you for keeping up with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visible Progress

I’ve been making a lot of invisible progress lately. By that, I mean that my scores have been consistently rather stinky, but beneath that,...