Wednesday, February 27, 2013

New (and Presently Wet) Fairways to Conquer

On Thursday morning at 8:15, I will tee it up in my first NGA (formerly Hooters) Tour event. This week's event is in the town of Tifton, Georgia, on Spring Hill Country Club. This part of the country received nearly 8 inches of rain over a five-day stretch from last Friday through this Tuesday morning, so the golf course is extremely wet, but a day and a half of sunshine have it playable for Thursday's opening round. My practice routine has definitely been hampered a bit by the strange weather, but I have worked hard on my game all year and am ready to play well this week. The course is a bit quirky, but it's right up my alley--tight and dog-leggy with fairly small greens. The putting surfaces are extremely grainy bermuda grass, but I did have a solid session on the practice green Wednesday afternoon. With two-weeks of competition under my belt, I expect good things this week. I'm going to stay relaxed and enjoy myself but am also determined to be focused for each and every shot. Come back for good news each evening during the tournament. Thank you for following me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...