Friday, February 22, 2013

Best Round of the Year... So Far!

The sample size is small at this point, but my Friday round in this week's eGolf event at Oldfield Country Club is definitely my best round of the year so far. Playing in some tricky conditions that included a stiff cold breeze in the morning and rain showers over my closing holes, I made five birdies and just a lone bogey to post a third-round 68. It was a solid round because I finally combined a proper tournament mindset with good execution. I was fairly calm all day and hit a lot of quality shots in all facets of the game. I still feel like my iron play could be sharper and I can definitely get hotter with my putter, but all in all I am feeling great about the state of my game.

In the tough conditions that round moved me up the leaderboard considerably. I began the day in the middle of the field, but I currently sit in a four-way tie for 4th place. The leader is six shots ahead of me, but given a rough forecast for Saturday's final round, I know that anything can happen. I am going to stay patient and keep my attitude good. It will be an exciting final round, and I am confident that I will play well. Come back over the weekend for a final-round report and a complete summary of the tournament week. Thank you for keeping up with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...