Thursday, February 21, 2013

Even in Round 2

I promise I'll give a full update on here soon, but here is just another quick one from round 2 for tonight. I was playing at Callawassie Island Club for my second round of this week's event, and the course has some tricky holes and absolutely the fastest greens I've ever seen. I was calm and confident starting the day, but a par, bogey, bogey start sent me into a tough spot early. After a bit of a second-round meltdown last week, I had to work hard to gather my thoughts and stay relaxed this time around. I did a pretty good job of controlling my emotions, even though my execution was a bit off most of the day. I struggled with my irons all day and didn't putt the ball very well, but I did a good job of staying calm, and that allowed me to keep it together nicely. A disappointing bogey at my final hole knocked me back to even par (72) for the day, but I'm pleased with the way I recovered from my rocky start. I now have two more days to climb the leaderboard, and I'm excited about that. Keep it here for a good report from round 3 Friday night. Thank you for taking the time to follow me. Exciting things are coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Close Calls and More Progress

I'm playing good golf, and it's really fun! I haven't been able to put enough consistently good play together yet to have a good...