Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Quick Round-1 Report

Prior to my 11:36 tee time in the first round of this week's Carolinas Pro Tour event at Cabarrus Country Club, I was afraid that I had tried to return too quickly from my injury scare last week (see yesterday's post). My warm-up session was a bit painful and certainly didn't show a lot of promise. I went to the first tee, however, convinced that I was going to have a good day. Six lousy shots later I finished the very easy par-five opening hole, and felt momentarily discouraged. I managed a bounce-back birdie on the second hold, but could manage only pars on the next five holes to stand at even par through seven holes on a very benign golf course. I switched balls on the eighth tee and told myself I was going to win this tournament. I believed it, too. I made four birdies and eagle over the next eleven holes and posted an opening round of 66--six under par. My name is on top of the leaderboard heading into the second round of this 36-hole event, but I have got plenty of company. A full eight players matched my score and several others are within just a few shots. The final round promises to be full of action, and I am excited to be a part of it. I told myself I was going to win, and I believe that I will. No matter what happens, I am thankful that I am able to play. Come back for some exciting news after the round tomorrow! Thank you for keeping up with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Close Calls and More Progress

I'm playing good golf, and it's really fun! I haven't been able to put enough consistently good play together yet to have a good...