Thursday, August 23, 2012

67, 67: 135??

The Carolinas Pro Golf Tour website shows in the final results that I posted matching rounds of 67 for a nine-under-par total of 135. Unfortunately for me, they have the total correct, but my second round was actually a 68, and the nine-under-par total left me in a large tie for sixth place. I am quite pleased with how I played even though that result certainly does not thrill me. I played solidly in the second round. I was very happy with how I putted, but I did miss a tap-in par putt on the sixth hole to make my only bogey of the day and thwart my front-nine momentum. I also watched sadly as a number of very well-rolled birdie putts caressed the hole before missing on the back nine. I was close to shooting a very good score both days, but I still see my 67, 68 showing as a continuing step in the right direction. The great news about these rounds is that I finally have something to show for my efforts. While good scores often leave a professional golfer empty handed in Monday Qualifiers, it feels good to say that my consistent effort the past two days has earned a paycheck. I am excited to be competing and even more excited by how good my game feels. I say this all the time, but great things are coming! Please continue to follow the journey with me. Thank you very much for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Close Calls and More Progress

I'm playing good golf, and it's really fun! I haven't been able to put enough consistently good play together yet to have a good...