Monday, August 20, 2012

Another Exciting Failure

The Monday Qualifier for this week's Web.com Tour event in Knoxville, TN, is only a failure in terms of the final result. I didn't qualify, and, in fact, I wasn't even very close. I shot a 67 (-4) and finished tied for 9th, a full three shots behind the qualifying score required by this rare two-spot qualifier. That only tells half the story, however. Despite a balky driver and a strange missed putt from just three feet, I made seven birdies and posted another good score in a monday qualifier. I feel like I am swinging very well right now, and I am getting closer and closer to my usual confident self on and around the greens. I definitely wasn't my best today, but I saw a lot of positives from my game and things are feeling very good.

I am ready to play a golf tournament. I am going to play this week and next on the Carolinas Pro Tour. This week's event is Wednesday and Thursday at a course just north of Charlotte, NC, called Cowan's Ford. The Carolinas Tour is definitely a smaller mini-tour, but the field for the events the next couple weeks will be fairly large (near 50 players) and very talented. I am very much looking forward to the competition. My scores lately haven't been good enough to Monday qualify, but I think my consistency will be rewarded in tournament play. Also, I think my game is trending upward. I will definitely be amped for this week's event, but my mindset will be good. It's going to be great!

In addition to playing the event, I am going to continue to stay committed to my practice and fitness goals. I am feeling great right now, and I'm going to keep it going. Keep it here for all the news! Thank you for following me.

1 comment:

  1. Bluehost is ultimately one of the best web-hosting company for any hosting services you require.

    ReplyDelete

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...