Monday, August 20, 2012

Another Exciting Failure

The Monday Qualifier for this week's Web.com Tour event in Knoxville, TN, is only a failure in terms of the final result. I didn't qualify, and, in fact, I wasn't even very close. I shot a 67 (-4) and finished tied for 9th, a full three shots behind the qualifying score required by this rare two-spot qualifier. That only tells half the story, however. Despite a balky driver and a strange missed putt from just three feet, I made seven birdies and posted another good score in a monday qualifier. I feel like I am swinging very well right now, and I am getting closer and closer to my usual confident self on and around the greens. I definitely wasn't my best today, but I saw a lot of positives from my game and things are feeling very good.

I am ready to play a golf tournament. I am going to play this week and next on the Carolinas Pro Tour. This week's event is Wednesday and Thursday at a course just north of Charlotte, NC, called Cowan's Ford. The Carolinas Tour is definitely a smaller mini-tour, but the field for the events the next couple weeks will be fairly large (near 50 players) and very talented. I am very much looking forward to the competition. My scores lately haven't been good enough to Monday qualify, but I think my consistency will be rewarded in tournament play. Also, I think my game is trending upward. I will definitely be amped for this week's event, but my mindset will be good. It's going to be great!

In addition to playing the event, I am going to continue to stay committed to my practice and fitness goals. I am feeling great right now, and I'm going to keep it going. Keep it here for all the news! Thank you for following me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...