Monday, August 6, 2012

DNQ in Springfield, MO, but Feeling Awesome!

"DNQ" means did not qualify, and that pretty much tells the outcome of my Monday in Springfield, Missouri, where I was trying to earn a spot in this week's Web.com tour event, but to consider my performance a failure would be downright wrong. (By the way, if you haven't read my post from Sunday, go check that out.) I was playing on Monday with a brand new feeling of conviction, and though my execution wasn't always great in the qualifier, my mindset was and I had myself in a great position to be successful. Some really good decisions coupled with a lot of trust in my game allowed me to play holes 5-12 in five under par, and that is where I stood for the round when I faced a fairly easy 25-foot birdie putt on the fourteenth hole. I was a bit too aggressive with the birdie putt and missed it on the high side, but then made what felt like a solid stroke on the ensuing three-foot par putt, but the ball veered just right of my intended line and lipped out. Undaunted, I continued to to execute well over the closing four holes, but a bit of a bad break led to a bogey on the 17th hole and a very anti-climactic birdie on the par-5 finishing hole left me with a four-under-par round of 68. I feel a tinge of disappointment to have been in such good position and not finished the job in the qualifier, but I am very happy with how I felt on the course. My execution was really not that great all day, but I was still in position to qualify and still shot a solid score on a very good course. I am excited and feel like my round today could be the start of an exciting stretch. I have the remainder of this week to practice (and you can bet I will!), and then I'll head to Kansas City next week for another shot at a Web.com Tour Monday Qualifier. I feel great, and I think my game is going to be better than ever again very soon. Keep it here for practice reports throughout this week. Thank you for following me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...