Monday, August 6, 2012

DNQ in Springfield, MO, but Feeling Awesome!

"DNQ" means did not qualify, and that pretty much tells the outcome of my Monday in Springfield, Missouri, where I was trying to earn a spot in this week's Web.com tour event, but to consider my performance a failure would be downright wrong. (By the way, if you haven't read my post from Sunday, go check that out.) I was playing on Monday with a brand new feeling of conviction, and though my execution wasn't always great in the qualifier, my mindset was and I had myself in a great position to be successful. Some really good decisions coupled with a lot of trust in my game allowed me to play holes 5-12 in five under par, and that is where I stood for the round when I faced a fairly easy 25-foot birdie putt on the fourteenth hole. I was a bit too aggressive with the birdie putt and missed it on the high side, but then made what felt like a solid stroke on the ensuing three-foot par putt, but the ball veered just right of my intended line and lipped out. Undaunted, I continued to to execute well over the closing four holes, but a bit of a bad break led to a bogey on the 17th hole and a very anti-climactic birdie on the par-5 finishing hole left me with a four-under-par round of 68. I feel a tinge of disappointment to have been in such good position and not finished the job in the qualifier, but I am very happy with how I felt on the course. My execution was really not that great all day, but I was still in position to qualify and still shot a solid score on a very good course. I am excited and feel like my round today could be the start of an exciting stretch. I have the remainder of this week to practice (and you can bet I will!), and then I'll head to Kansas City next week for another shot at a Web.com Tour Monday Qualifier. I feel great, and I think my game is going to be better than ever again very soon. Keep it here for practice reports throughout this week. Thank you for following me!

1 comment:

  1. BlueHost is one of the best hosting provider for any hosting services you need.

    ReplyDelete

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...