Thursday, July 15, 2010

Where Does It Go?

Sometimes my game just leaves me. I am really proud of the way I stayed positive and stayed committed to my game plan today in round two, but my execution was just not sharp enough to put together a good round. I shot one over par today to make my two-day total one-under-par 141. Unfortunately, the cut fell at three under, so I will not be competing on the weekend.

Disappointing? Very much so, but I can't imagine that the game which was so good just two short days ago is very far gone. I definitely am not happy with the way I played, but I have just got to go get it back and be ready to go next week in Greensboro. I can do that, and I will!

Today was strange because I cannot blame my poor performance on mental errors. Typically when I play poorly it is because I was not thinking properly. Today, I was thinking the right thoughts at the right times and somehow my body wouldn't translate those thoughts into good shots. I started on the difficult back nine and failed to take advantage of good tee shots early in the day before suffering a pair of bogeys after hitting terrible iron shots into the long par-four 16th and long par-three 18th. I executed a little better on the front nine, but could not get any putts to go in until an anticlimactic 15-footer for birdie on the last hole dropped straight in the center.

I'm not sure where my game went. It felt so good heading into the week, and I went into both rounds certain I would play well. I just didn't. My game hid from me last couple of days, but I'm going to go find it and make sure I know right where it is for next week. It's back to work tomorrow, and I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...