Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Good Start in Greensboro

Sorry for the long time since my last update. After the early exit from last week's tournament, I visited a great host family in Greenwood, South Carolina, who took great care of me earlier in the year. I recieved more of the same from that family this past weekend, and had such a great time that frustrations on the golf course seemed a million miles away.

Since then I have journeyed north on I-85 to Greensboro, NC, for this week's Tarheel Tour event at Forrest Oaks Country Club. After two solid practice rounds on Monday and Tuesday, I teed it up this morning in the events first round at the co-host course, Willow Creek Country Club. Starting the day feeling good but not too eager, I played a nice steady round. I made a couple of slightly poor swings with the driver but was fairly solid off of the tee. My iron play was also very good, and my only complaint of the day was a couple of lousy three putts on my second nine holes where I simply gave shots back to the field. At the end of the day, though, it was a three-under-par round of 69 to start my week. A good, not great, start, but I feel good about my game.

Tomorrow afternoon I tee it up at 12:30 at Forrest Oaks. It's a course that used to host a PGA Tour event, and I'm going to play like a PGA Tour star tomorrow! Check here for good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...