Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Great Weather... Almost Great Golf!

My trip to Columbia, Missouri was perfectly timed. The coldest daytime high I have felt since arriving has been something in the mid-forties, and tomorrow should mark the third consecutive day in the sixties! That's what I'm talking about! My game has reflected the weather.

I feel absolutely great about the progress I've made on the greens and in my ball-striking. After what has been a very frustrating start to the year with the putter, I am feeling very comfortable with my putting in practice and have started to see some great results on the course! From a ball-striking perspective, I am feeling much more relaxed now than earlier in the year. I have not really been working on anything in my swing. Rather, I've just been trying to ensure that my alignment is good and that my mind is quiet. I just want to get set up in a way that will allow me to hit a good shot and then let my body perform the task it has practiced so many times. It seems to be doing a good job! I'm hitting a lot of really good shots.

My wedge play still needs some work. From chipping all the way up to a full sand wedge, I just do not feel "dialed in" right now. I'm a little bit inconsistent with my contact, and that is making distance control hard to learn. Wedge play has always been one of the strengths of my game, though, and I am confident that all I need is a good practice session or two to feel like I'm right where I want to be.

I am very excited right now. My game is good and getting better, and I am having as much fun as ever preparing to compete. I am back in action on the Tarheel Tour on March 17th in Charlotte, NC. I am really looking forward to getting back on the course in tournament play. It's time to get my 2010 rolling! And I'm going to have a blast doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...