Thursday, March 19, 2015

Chile Classic Round 1

It is a new week and a new tournament, and I am determined to follow my plan and continue to work towards my goals. I definitely don't want to forget the great feelings from last week or diminish the joy of that accomplishment, but there is much that I still want to accomplish. I need to stay focused on the present. 

After two and a half light and restful days Monday through Wednesday morning, I have done a good job getting back into work mode for this week, and it showed with a solid start to the tournament Thursday afternoon. I did not putt the ball as well as I would have liked to, but I hit it beautifully in round one and posted a bogey-free 68 (-3) to open the tournament. I hit 17 greens in regulation in the first round, and I honestly had reasonable birdie putts on most of them. My putting practice has felt great this week, so I'm confident that I can get it going with the putter. 

My plan this week is to keep doing what I did last week: have fun, play one shot at a time, and trust myself. I'm off to a good start. Come back for a round-two report Friday evening. Thank you for keeping up with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...