Friday, March 13, 2015

Brasil Championship Friday

Friday was interesting at the Brasil Championship. The threat of rain and storms existed all day, but I arrived at the course more than three hours before my 12:30 tee time, and the weather was beautiful for a morning practice session. I practiced well and then had an early lunch before beginning my normal pre-round warm-up routine. I was feeling great, but thirty minutes before my tee time, thunder rumbled and play was suspended. After an hour inside, we were sent back out and I began warming up again only to be called back in twenty minutes later. After another hour inside, we went back out and I had my third warm up of the day. I should have been thoroughly prepared, but my opening two shots of the day suggested otherwise. I missed the fairway at the short opening hole well right and then left my approach shot short of the green in a bunker. I hit a great bunker shot and tapped in for par, and as I walked to the second tee, I reminded myself how great my game has been feeling and committed to playing one shot at a time. I proceeded to hit some great shots and birdie my next four holes. I hit two more really nice shots on the par-four sixth hole, but play was once again suspended for dangerous weather as I approached the green. We weren't able to get back out on the course, so I will begin my Saturday morning on the back fringe of the sixth hole with a 20-foot chip for birdie. I definitely have some great momentum going, but more importantly, I am just feeling good about my game. I'm going to keep playing one shot at a time and keep having fun. If things go well, I will play 30.5 holes tomorrow, and I am looking forward to every one of them! Keep it here for a good Saturday report, and thank you for following me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...