Saturday, January 31, 2015

Panama Championship Round 3

Saturday's round didn't quite go as I had planned. I felt great about my game heading into round three, and I was very confident that I was going to shoot a good score. I was also very confident that I would have a great mindset and approach my round one shot at a time. I did neither of those two things. I started off very solidly and gave myself makeable birdie putts on seven of the first eigth holes. I couldn't get any of them to fall, and I found myself frustrated despite the fact that I was playing well. A couple of loose shots after the turn led to bogeys on holes 10 and 11 and then my mind began to spiral a little bit. I hit just one green in regulation on the back nine and made four bogies to post a four-over-par round of 74. I really don't feel like my golf swing abondoned me, I just let my mind get away from me a little bit again. I had a great practice session after my round and confirmed that all areas of my game are in great shape. As for the mental shortcomings I've experienced the past couple days on the course, I feel fairly certain that I am just getting back into the swing of playing tournament golf. I know that my mind and my attitude are my greatest strengths, and I don't think that has suddenly changed. I'll get back on track, and there's no time like Sunday to get that started. I didn't move the right direction on "moving day," but I have 18 more holes to improve here in Panama. I'm going to play them one shot at a time with a great attitude! 

Come back on Sunday evening for a final-round report and a summary of my first tournament week of 2015. Thank you very much for keeping up with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...