Monday, January 12, 2015

Leaving Paradise

Every day is paradise when you love your job as much as I do, but some locations (and climates) are more desirable than others. I'm sad to say that I didn't play well enough on Monday to earn an extended stay in Hawaii. I hit the ball very solidly and was pleased with some aspects of my game, but overall I was not very sharp. On a fairly easy golf course in ideal scoring conditions, I made three birdies, one bogey, and a double bogey to shoot even par. Five under par was the qualifying mark. I definitely have some work to do to sharpen my game, but I am still encouraged by this start. Monday qualifiers are a tough format in which to evaluate one's game. I did enough things right to make me feel like I am ready to play a four-round event. I am disappointed to be leaving Hawaii without getting into the Sony Open, but I am excited to keep working on my game. I will be ready to go in two weeks when the Web.com Tour schedule begins!

Thank you for following and caring about me. Keep it here for more news as I put in the final preparations for the beginning of my 2015 tournament schedule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visible Progress

I’ve been making a lot of invisible progress lately. By that, I mean that my scores have been consistently rather stinky, but beneath that,...