Monday, January 12, 2015

Leaving Paradise

Every day is paradise when you love your job as much as I do, but some locations (and climates) are more desirable than others. I'm sad to say that I didn't play well enough on Monday to earn an extended stay in Hawaii. I hit the ball very solidly and was pleased with some aspects of my game, but overall I was not very sharp. On a fairly easy golf course in ideal scoring conditions, I made three birdies, one bogey, and a double bogey to shoot even par. Five under par was the qualifying mark. I definitely have some work to do to sharpen my game, but I am still encouraged by this start. Monday qualifiers are a tough format in which to evaluate one's game. I did enough things right to make me feel like I am ready to play a four-round event. I am disappointed to be leaving Hawaii without getting into the Sony Open, but I am excited to keep working on my game. I will be ready to go in two weeks when the Web.com Tour schedule begins!

Thank you for following and caring about me. Keep it here for more news as I put in the final preparations for the beginning of my 2015 tournament schedule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...