Friday, July 4, 2014

Rock Bottom But Already Climbing

I was bad in just about every way imaginable during the first two rounds of The Greenbrier Classic. After a great practice session Thursday morning before my afternoon first-round tee time, I started well enough with a birdie on my first hole and and two great shots on my second hole (the 11th). From there I got a little erratic, but I was still feeling great. I caught a couple of strange breaks in the middle of my round but compounded those breaks with poor short game shots and dropped four shots in a four-hole stretch. I struggled with my mental game and with my execution the rest of the way. I ended up posting rounds of 75, 74 = 149 (+9), and missed the cut by 9 shots. I was particularly disappointed with my attitude and with my short game, but all aspects of my performance left something to be desired. 

So that's the bad news. The good news is I'm already climbing, and I have a plan to get back on track. I'm going to leave it at that for now, but please come back early next week to see my strategy for righting this ship. I believe that I will be successful on the PGA Tour, and I can't wait to keep working towards my goals! 

Thank you for following me and for caring about me. Don't give up! Great stuff is coming!

1 comment:

  1. You are a winner, Peter, regardless of your final scores. We quite enjoyed following you at Greenbrier these past two days. Can't wait to see what your future holds. We are fans!
    Bruce and Catherine Burnett
    Leesburg, VA

    ReplyDelete

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...