Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Barracuda?!

I am at the Barracuda Championship in Reno, Nevada. Barracuda, an information technology company, is the new title sponsor of the Reno-Tahoe Open, and I think a tournament with such a cool name will be a fitting place for me to have a great breakthrough. 

I had a great weekend of practice in Montreal, Canada, and for the third consecutive week, I finished all of my map goals last week. I have continued my solid work with some good practice the last few days, but I have really emphasized time on the golf course in my practice here in Reno. I played 27 holes on the tournament course on Tuesday, and went offsite for a great match with some other players on Wednesday. I am probably a little bit behind on my practice goals for this week, but the time on the golf course has been high quality preparation for me. 

I really feel like I'm back on a Peter Malnati-like schedule. My game is still not as sharp as I would like for it to be, but for the first time in a while I am genuinely believing in my process and my method. I know that I am getting better and am confident that I will be very successful moving forward. 

Now it is time to go to bed! Remember as you check results from the Barracuda Championship that the scoring this week works in a modified Stableford format. That means rather than counting strokes in relation to par, a player's score is determined by a point system. Birdies and eagles earn points while bogeys and doubles cost points. This is the only week all year that you should be rooting for me to have high scores!

Thank you very much for keeping up with me, and please check here for great updates throughout the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...