Monday, May 5, 2014

Mr. and Dr. Malnati Feeling Great

never gave any updates from last week's Wells Fargo Championship at Quail Hollow. I ended up shooting 75, 73 (+4) and missed the cut by three shots. It really hurt to not have better results last week because I am very pleased with the preparation that I had leading up to the tournament, and for the first time since Puerto Rico, I felt great on the course. I was still much too inconsistent in all areas of my game, but I was comfortable and confident on the course, and that has me greatly encouraged. 

I had a great week of practice last week in Charlotte, but for a very valuable reason, I gave myself the weekend off from finishing my Map Goals. My wife, mom, dad, and sister (Laura) all made the trip to North Carolina, so I soaked up some quality time with them. It was fabulous and so good for me! I also need to say a heartfelt thank you to the Duffy's for facilitating (and, more importantly, being a part of) my family! It was very good for me to spend a little time away from golf with people who mean so much to me. 

Then, the real highlight of the past several days began Sunday morning. For the past three years, my sweet wife has been working so hard to fulfill the requirements of her full-time employment while also working on her doctoral degree. On Sunday we flew to Columbia, Missouri, where on Monday she successfully defended her dissertation and officially became Doctor Alicia H. Malnati! I am so proud of her and it was so cool to be there for that. She will always be working incredibly hard at something, but this milestone might allow her to catch her breath for a day or two! 

Alicia with her signed dissertation defense form and me with my Tour Card!

We are currently heading back to Tennessee, and we're both feeling great about things. It is just now getting to the time of year when I play my best golf, and I'm confident that my best golf ever is in the very near future. I'm going to have a great week at home. I will definitely soak up more time with Dr. Alicia Malnati, but I will also nail all of my Map Goals and have a great week of preparation. 

Exciting stuff is already happening, and great things are coming soon. Thank you for your support, and please keep it here for updates moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...