Friday, May 23, 2014

I'm Back! ...Almost

I'm putting poorly. I am hitting too many bad shots. I'm just not quite sharp in any of the physical aspects of the game. With that said, I felt fantastic in the second round of this week's Web.com Tour event in Raleigh. I could give you a bunch of stories about how close I was to playing great (and I was close). Unfortunately, the end result was a Friday round of one over par and a missed cut by four shots, but I had fun, trusted myself, and for the first time in the last few months, I truly expected to play great. Poor putting and a couple of erratic swings kept me from posting a good score, but I was much more like my old self mentally, and I'm certain therein lies the key to ending my slump. I have more thoughts to share, but I'll leave it at that for now. I'm heading home for a short stay, and I'm excited to keep getting my head on straight! I'm going to be playing better than ever here very soon! Check back for a more thorough report after the weekend. Thank you for keeping up with me!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Peter - When I look at your scores, I am struck at how many par 3 holes you bogie. So yesterday, I decided to play analyst. At this weeks tournament, 3 of your 7 bogies or worse were on a par 3. Another way to look at this is that 42.8% of your bogies came on only 22.2% of the holes. (4 par 3's divided by 18 holes)

    This seems to be the norm so I went back to the Byron Nelson and checked. Three of your six bogies at the Nelson were on the par 3's. A whopping 50% of your bogies on 22.2% of the holes.

    In New Orleans, 3 of your 8 bogies were on the par 3 holes. 37.5%

    So, if you are looking for a part of your game to concentrate on, the above would suggest that you work on improving this. Mind you, you could have parred all of the par 3's above and you would have stil missed the cuts but this area would be a start.

    You have to be the one to analyze what is going on with the par 3's I can't do that. Is it club selection? I don't think it is putting. If it was putting, that would be reflected in the par 4's and par 5's.

    Maybe you need to spend more time practicing on the par 3's at each tournament.

    I'm glad you had fun this past week. It must have been special having your mom on the bag.

    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...