Thursday, August 1, 2013

Solid Start at Mylan Classic

I really didn't feel like I had my "A" game during three days of preparation for this week's Web.com Tour event. I know that a having good attitude and choosing to believe in myself can go a long way, however. I arrived at the course well before my 2:14 p.m. opening-round tee time and had a great practice session. I nailed a couple of my putting drills and had a driving range session during which I tried only to think about my rhythm and alignment. Keeping it simple worked for me, and I started to get that loving feeling this morning. It continued on the course this afternoon. I certainly wasn't perfect, but I hit the ball consistently and putted very solidly on my way to a first-round 68 (-3). It felt great, and I know that I can improve upon that as the week continues. I tee off at 8:49 on Friday morning, and I'm going to keep it simple, be positive, and play a great round. Come back for news in the evening. Thank you for keeping up with me!

1 comment:

  1. Good playing today Pete! Keep up the good work man! My Co-workers got a real kick out of you talking with them today. Thanks for taking the time. They really thought it was neat. Be forewarned that more will probably follow you the rest of the week. I wanted to follow you this week man, but my mom's birthday is Sunday and I decided to come back to good ole Tennessee to see her. I hate that I'm missing it. I'm definitely keeping up with your scores though. Prayers for lots of birdies will be heading your way. Good luck and go get'em the rest of the week!

    ps. The Duquesne Incline on Mt, Washington is a first class view of the city. You don't have to ride the incline, but the view from that street of the city is something to behold at night

    ReplyDelete

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...