Thursday, August 15, 2013

Busy Week; Solid Start at Fox Den

I am pumped to be playing this week's Web.com Tour event in East Tennessee. I have a lot going on and a lot on my mind, but it is all great stuff, and I am excited to just play golf. The Knoxville News Sentinel Open began on Thursday at Fox Den Country Club. I played beautifully in round one. I putted from the fringe on hole 11, but I had a birdie putt on each of the first 17 holes. It was one of my better ball-striking rounds I can remember. Unfortunately, I never got things going. I three-putted the third hole for my lone bogey of the day and managed just two birdies to counter that bogey. My opening round 70 (-1) has me just ahead of middle in a bunched up leaderboard, but I am only five shots behind the first-round leaders. I feel great about my game, and I'm excited to get after it Friday afternoon in round 2.

Keep it here for more news from the Knoxville Open. Thank you for keeping up with me!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Peter,

    I wanted to drop you a line to let you know that I had a great time playing with you at the rain shortened pro-am in Springfield. Although I'm not a fan of the Royals, or Mizzou—I am now a fan of Peter Malnati. I've had the opportunity to play in several of these pro-ams over the years but I can't remember playing with such a laid-back, fun pro. Your positive nature makes for a fun pro-am and I know it will serve you well in the pursuit of your dreams.

    I also very much appreciate you being so cool with my boys after the round. This was the first Web.com tournament that they have attended and the great experience gave them the golf bug in a big way.

    Lastly, I love the goals/plans you have set for yourself in 2013. This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes..."A goal without a plan is simply a hope". There is no doubt you are planning for your future success and not hoping for it. Numbers five and six on your list are awesome and often left out of life and career plans. I can assure you and those that follow you that you are staying true to your plan.

    Thanks again, I had a blast meeting you.

    Matt Morrison

    ReplyDelete

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...