Thursday, August 29, 2013

Poor Score But Optimistic Feelings from Round 1

The end result was a one-over-par round of 73, but I felt okay about my play in round one of this week's Web.com Tour Finals event. I was very solid early in my round, but dropped a couple of shots just before making the turn and stood at even par at the midway point of Thursday's round. I looked solid again for the opening five holes of my second nine, but hit a horrific tee shot at the par-4 sixth (my 15th) hole and carded a double bogey. That blunder dropped me to one-over-par for the day, and that is where I finished. I hit a lot of quality shots in the first round but never really got anything going, and I was just a little bit loose with a couple shots as well. I'm certainly disappointed with the results from Thursday's round, but overall I played fairly well. What is more encouraging is the fact that I had a great day of practice on Thursday. I'm confident that I will play well on Friday morning, and I think I can claw my way back into the golf tournament. Keep it here for an update after round 2. Thank you for following me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...