Thursday, October 6, 2011

Feeling Prepared

At this point in my golf career, the opportunity to play in a Nationwide Tour event is a great opportunity. With that said, I really do feel as though I belong out here, and have tried to have just a normal tournament week. My ball-striking has been a little bit off all week (including the Monday Qualifier), but I was able to have a very productive practice round at Black Creek, the tournament course, on Tuesday and also played a very fun and slightly competitive match at another course in the area on Wednesday. I would be lying to say that I was "firing on all cylinders" in either of those two rounds, but I do feel like I am swinging the driver very well and am trending in the right direction with the rest of my ball-striking. In addition to that, I feel very confident about my ability to manage my game and shoot good scores. In my Wednesday match, I recovered from a sloppy bogey, double-bogey start to shoot three under par (and win my bets!) on a good golf course called Council Fire. Everything about this week has me feeling good heading into today's first round at Black Creek. I do not tee off until 2:20, but a relaxing morning practice session and a long lunch hour should lead me into my tee time nicely. I am excited, confident, and just the right amount of nervous. I can't wait to get out there and get started, and I know that it is going to be a blast. Keep it here for good news throughout the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...