Friday, October 7, 2011

Disappointment Today; Excitement Moving Forward

My season on the Nationwide Tour has come to an abrupt end. After finally breaking through and qualifying for this week's event in Chattanooga, my worst, and most frustrating, ball-striking round in recent memory has cut my event short by two rounds. I opened the tournament with an under-achieving round of 68, but was in great shape heading into round two and felt awesome about my game. On the second day, however, I was a little bit off from the get-go. Despite feeling good about things, my execution was awful on Friday. I was close to driving the ball well but hit enough poor ones to keep things stressful, and my iron play was pretty darn bad. I missed a lot of greens, and even though I scrambled well, I was in too much trouble to recover a couple of times. In addition to that, I never gave myself any good opportunities for birdies on Friday, and the end result was a two-over-par round of 74 that left me at two under par for the tournament and two shots on the wrong side of the cut line.

It is incredibly disappointing to miss the cut here in my only Nationwide Tour start of the year, but I am not worried about the state of my game. My two days here at this event served only to confirm my belief that I belong at this level. I was very comfortable in the situation, and really do believe that my game is good enough to compete on the Nationwide Tour or even the PGA Tour. I wish that I was still playing this weekend, but I know that I will be ready for bigger and better things in the near future.

I have the next ten days off from competition and will use them to become even more thoroughly prepared for PGA Tour Qualifying School (Q-school). My game is ready, I just need to make sure that I re-capture that "lovin' feeling" with my ball-striking and further sharpen the other elements of my game. I am extremely excited about what the near future might hold for me, and I look forward to getting started soon. Keep it here for practice reports and more information about Q-school in the coming days. Thank you for following me, and I really appreciate all the support I was shown this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...